Lenovo IdeaPad S340 review is something that is more comfortable with a thinner & lighter laptop with narrow bezels for broader viewing. Plus, it boasts state-of-the-art processing and thoughtful design elements including a privacy shutter. It Powers through any task with ease mode.
It was one among the great budget 14-inches on the market and offered an IPS panel and decent processors. However, the Lenovo IdeaPad S340 review which we got immediately, features a TN panel, which may be a bummer, although, there should be available options of this model that sport an IPS display.
Table of Contents
- Powerful and Smart: The Lenovo IdeaPad S340 review is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8145U 2. 1GHz up to 3. 9GHz with 4MB SmartCache, so you’ll enjoy fast processing no matter what tasks you’re handling. It’s also included thoughtful design elements, such as the camera shutter that puts you in control of what your webcam sees. The 8GB DDR4 RAM and 128GB NVMe SSD provide plenty of storage either for work or gameplay.
- Visual and Auditory Enjoyment: The Lenovo IdeaPad S340 review brings your audio experience alive with the theater-like sound of Dolby Audio. You’ll also get the most of your display, thanks to its slim top and side bezels and Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- Fit You the Most: If you’re looking for powerful Intel processing in a 15″ laptop, the Lenovo IdeaPad s340 15.6 laptop review is the laptop for you. It’s thin and light for easy portability. Narrow bezels let you get the most out of the display with optional touch. Thoughtful design details, like the webcam privacy and backlit keyboard, completes your experience.
- Complete Configuration: 2 x USB Type-A (USB 3. 1 Gen 1), 1 x USB 3. 1 Gen 1, 1 x HDMI 1. 4b, 1 x 1/8″ / 3. 5 mm Headphone/Microphone Output and 1 x SDXC/MMCplus Hybrid satisfy your needs for work or gameplay.
- Best System Yet: The Windows 10 defends your desktops using built-in security tools that always stay current with the latest threats. Proactively safeguard your organization with enterprise-level security on all apps and devices. And give you the easy, collaborative experiences, with access to the latest intelligent technologies. Stay in control of your organization’s devices while delivering rich capabilities across PC and mobile.
- It has a Headphone/mic combo
- Operating system: Windows 10 Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8145U Dual Core
- Processor Display: 15.6″ HD LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
- RAM Internal storage: 128GB M.2 NVMe Solid State Drive
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Optical Drive: None Audio: 2 x 2W speakers with
- Dolby Audio Premium Battery life: Up to 8.5 Hours
- Wireless: 802.11AC Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1 Combo
- Webcam: Front-Facing 720p HD Webcam with integrated dual array digital microphones
- Product weight: 3.96 lbs
Lenovo IdeaPad s340 15.6 laptop review manages to chop a comparatively stylish profile. Measuring 14.1 x 9.6 x 0.7 inches and weighing in at 3.9 pounds (or 4.4 pounds if you include the AC adapter), the S340 feels pleasingly thin but a tad heavy.4
The laptop’s Platinum Gray shell (Abyss Blue is another color option) looks plain yet stylish, with a flat, featureless lid save for a little Lenovo logo on the side.
Open the lid and you’ll find the 15.6-inch display with slim side and top bezels, although rock bottom bezel is somewhat fatter.
Get your very own Dell Inspiron I7559 laptop with advanced features.
The grey keyboard and palm rest of the Lenovo Ideapad s340 15.6 laptop review are unremarkable, although it’s worth noting that the power button sits just above the top- right corner of the numeric keypad, making it much less likely that you’ll press it by accident.
You can also have your own Asus Vivo book F510UA ultra-portable design laptop with more advanced features in it.
Keyboard, trackpad, and speakers:
The Lenovo IdeaPad s340 laptop review backlit keyboard felt comfy and refreshingly snappy to my fingertips, with enough travel (that is, space the keys move when they’re struck) to stay them from feeling too shallow, alongside a pleasant tactile bump and a springy rebound.
You furthermore may get Alt-enabled hotkeys for disabling the microphone and webcam, plus dedicated media keys above the numeric keypad.
Speaking of which, yes, there’s a 10-key numeric keypad, although it’s a touch squished compared to the remainder of the keyboard.
The medium-sized trackpad on the S340 sits centered below the most keyboard, which suggests it’s placed a touch to the left of the general chassis.
The trackpad of the Lenovo Ideapad s340 laptop review let me move the cursor precisely without an excessive amount of jitter. Also, it also did a pleasant job of rejecting accidental inputs from my palms.
It takes a good amount of pressure to click the trackpad, but that’s pretty standard when it involves laptops during this price range.
Lenovo says the S340 comes equipped with Dolby Audio, and indeed. There’s a Dolby Audio app that allows you to pick between Movie, Game, Voice, and Music profiles.
But while the Dolby Audio app does an honest job of expanding the soundstage and creating a virtual surround effect, it can’t do much for the audio quality of the S340’s muddy, bass-deprived speakers.
The Lenovo IdeaPad s340 laptop review 2-watt drivers aren’t bad; they’re simply standard-issue laptop speakers. For better quality, you’re happier plugging in headphones or pairing it with an honest Bluetooth speaker.