Drones have become very popular in the market these days and you can certainly get yourself a pretty decent drone for a very reasonable price. But the problem would be which drone should you invest in? Well if you are already a drone pilot and currently flying a drone that’s budget-friendly, then drones under $600 should be a good upgrade to what you’re used to.
You should know by now that not all drones are the same. The expensive drones that cost a fortune with amazing features and specifications are usually great for experience flyers and professional use.
We have spent countless hours testing various drones, reading user reviews, and put together a list that will help you find the best drones under $600 for the money.
Best Drones Under $600
1. DJI Spark – Best Drone Under $600 For the Money
If you are searching for one of the best drones on the market then luckily you’re at the right place. DJI Spark is an amazing drone which is available for under $600. It’s quite easy to carry around in your backpack, it’s one of the best for filming outdoor events, vlogging, and many more.
It’s extremely lightweight and compact, not only is it easy to carry around, but it’s also one of the most stable and accurate drones you can find on the market for under $600.
It’s quite durable and has the ability to combat some strong winds and the 12MP camera can shoot some high-quality photographs. Even though it only comes with a 1080p HD camera, the image quality is still great thanks to the high-quality image sensor which also catches 12MP shots.
It also comes with a remote controller, you can simply download the free DJI Go app and then control the drone using your smartphone from up to 1.2 miles away. It has a flight time of 16 minutes.
The drone has some superb features such as responding to hand gestures that can be used to control the drone and to make it take some selfies. It can even be programmed to follow a flight path autonomously.
I highly recommend DJI Spark for beginners, and intermediates, I think it offers the best bang for the buck and it has lots of features that will make flying much easier and fun.
- Best for the money
- Long flight time of 16 minutes
- Great for beginners, and intermediates
- Great for filming outdoor events, vlogging, etc
- A bit expensive
2. Altair Aerial AA818 Hornet – Best Budget Drone Under $600
This is one of the best drones on the market for beginners and it is included here as our best budget-friendly drone under 600 dollars. The Aerial AA818 comes with absolutely everything that a drone pilot is going to want and this is why we choose it as our best budget pick.
Like the DJI Spark, this is a great choice for first-time flyers or someone who simply wants to get into aerial photography. This amazing drone is pretty easy to control, impressively durable, and comes with a lot of ease of use features.
Because this drone was specifically made with beginners in mind you don’t have to worry about flying it been difficult. Even if you are a bit more experienced, you’ll certainly have fun with this one since it features multiple speed modes. You can choose between 1, 2, 3, and each of those modes gives you more speed and agility.
If you are a beginner I think it would be best if you use the slowest speed at first and slowly increase it once you’re more comfortable at flying. With this drone, you get a 120-degree wide-angle 720p HD camera to deliver excellent photos. This feature means you can capture mesmerizing images in a bird’s eye view, from your smartphone.
This drone is also very easy to set up, the instructions are very clear and helpful, and all it took me was 10 minutes between opening the box and having the drone ready to fly. This model is built to fly for as long as 15 minutes and covers an impressive range.
If you are on a tight budget yet in need of a drone that’s beginner-friendly then I highly recommend getting the Altair Aerial AA818 Hornet on Amazon.
- Long flight time of 15 minutes
- The drone is extremely easy to set up
- Lightweight and beginner-friendly
- For those on a tight budget
- High-quality camera
- Long-range (150 meters)
- Handles poor in wind
3. Holy Stone HS700D – Best For Beginners, Intermediate and Experts
Another high-quality drone on our list is the Holy Stone HS700D. At first, I was surprised at HS700D performance, it really feels like I’m controlling a high-end drone that cost a fortune. It’s extremely easy to use, very durable and it’s even capable of flying in windy conditions.
This is a heavy size drone that boasts impressive durability and elegant design. One of the design advantages that the Holy Stone HS700D has is the fact that it comes with a built-in 1 axis gimbal stabilizer, which helps keep the footage stabilized during the flight mode. I also like the fact that the drone comes with a landing pad that will help to minimize the impact when the drone is landing.
The only downside with this drone is the charging time, it takes anywhere from 5 to 7 hours to fully charged, but you will be rewarded with a 15 to 20 minute flight time. It has a handheld remote controller that has all the features you would want including one button take-off/landing, video/image capture, and many more.
This drone even has a small display screen that shows the battery status for both the drone and remote controller, along with info on altitude, and GPS connection. It also has a 5G 1080p FHD camera which is capable of capturing superior quality still photos.
This drone is absolutely one of the best out there but for the price, I believe it should include an extra battery or at least a faster charger. However, when it comes to flying the drone and the video quality, I think it’s certainly worth the investment.
- LCD display screen
- It has a long flight time
- Durable build and design
- User-friendly controller
- Great for beginners, intermediate and experts
- It has a long battery charging time
- No protection guards
4. Parrot Bebop 2 Drone – High-End Performance
Here is another high-end performance drone under 600 that is surely worth the buy. The drone has some powerful motors that allow it to fly at higher altitude with ease without losing control or facing any kind of difficulties.
This amazing drone comes with an impressive 14MP fisheye lens that records in 1080p full HD and has a flight time of 25 minutes. It has a 3 axis that provides good stability for this best video drone under 600 dollars.
The Bebop 2 is pretty stable and sturdy without a gimbal. Instead of using a gimbal mount that needs to be rotated to get the camera shot that makes you comfortable, it has a software that converts the image captured by the wide-angle lens into the portion that you desire as an image.
It’s durable, lightweight, and compact, and not only is this quadcopter fun to play with but also safe to fly due to its propellers programmed to shut down automatically during a crash, keeping the drone safe from been ripping apart.
The Parrot Bebop 2 has some outstanding features, and when you couple this with 25 minutes of flight time you get a very exciting drone for an affordable price.
- It features a fisheye lens for better navigation
- An impressive camera that is one of the best in this price range
- Best range with the sky controller
- Long flight time
- Wifi signal tends to drop at times
- No sky controller remote and it’s quite expensive
- Internal memory can fill up quickly
5. Walkera F210 Professional Deluxe Quadcopter Drone
The F210 by Walkera is an amazing drone with a night vision camera. Its solid, anti-crash, bow, and streamlined design give it an extra cutting edge of having an optimal speed like an F1 racing car. Its body is designed to handle any strong windy weather.
With a powerful 700TVL Night Vision Camera, it has a lamp that can illuminate its path thus giving you a clear view of everything standing in the path. It can also adjust its brightness according to the surrounding light.
With its 5.8G Goggle4 FPV Glasses, it can transmit clearly what its camera sees. Due to living footage, you can spot other spy drones at night. With its 10 minutes flight time. You can keep your asset in the air until the spy drone leaves your premises. With its powerful Night vision camera, you can even track in which direction or place your privacy breacher drone has left.
- Adjustable image and video
- Very easy to operate
- Comes with a very powerful battery
- Impressive seven inch LCD display
- Reasonable price range
- The battery is hard to remove
- Not enough flight range
- 4K video image stops and starts
DEERC D15 GPS Drone with 4K UHD EIS Camera review.
The DEERC D15 GPS drone with a 4K camera is one of the best products out there. It offers amazing features with a great quality camera. The price of the drone is also very reasonable and on the lower end.
This drone is fully equipped with modern technology. It delivers great flight performance. It has over 500 reviews on Amazon and got a rating of 4.0 stars.
The DEERC drone is loaded with optimized and advanced features which are as follow:
- The drone acquires the dimensions of 15 x 15 x 5 inches. It weighs about 548g, this measurement is very standard for this kind of professionally designed drone. It is an unfolded drone. Despite this, it is still very transport-friendly. You can carry it anywhere in a drone bag easily. You also need an FAA registration as it weighs more than 249g.
- The most intriguing feature about this drone is its 4K camera. The camera lens has an adjustable angle ranging between 90 to 130 degrees. It has a picture resolution of 3840 x 2160p. However, the video resolution is 4K @30fps / 1080p@60fps. The photos and videos that you take from these. The graphic result Is very clear and neat.
- The drone has a flight time of 20-25 minutes. It has a control range of 1000M and FVP transmission of 500M. Both the ranges cover WIFI connections. You can easily capture beautiful landscapes and top view shots.
- It has a 2800 mAh battery with a voltage of 7.4. The package includes 1 lithium battery that you insert in the drone. You can safely handle the battery. You can also buy spare batteries if you want to have a flight time of more than 22 minutes. The lithium battery consumes less power which in return increases the flight time.
- The design of the DEERC drone is very much like the holy stone drones. It has a quadcopter look with 4 motor arms each has a brushless motor. This motor is much more preferable than any other, it is efficient, more powerful, and creates less noise. The brushless motor also consumes less battery power which increases its performance time. The stylish structure gives it a professional look.
- It is made of high-end ABS plastic. This material provides resistance against any rough landings or sharp edges. For protection measures, the manufacturers also included landing legs that secure the camera while landing. The structure overall is very compact and stylish.
- The drone comes with a remote controller which enables you to fly it very smartly. It has a small LCD screen. It displays the GPS status, the distance, and height range, and also battery stats. Throughout the flight, you will be able to locate the drone and also how long you can fly it by observing the battery percentage. The remote controller has a connection range of 1000M.
- The drone features a “follow me” mode. It is a very important mode if you like to do outdoor activities or just simply for recording your activity. You just have to select an object and the drone will start following it. The drone also maintains a proper distance from the object.
- The “route flight mode” is an amazing function that enables the drone to follow a specific path that you choose. You can design the path by using the drone app.
- The “return home” function is a very significant addition. It reduces the chance of losing the drone. This function enables the drone to return to its initial position if the battery gets low.
- The added accessories with the drone set are a pair of extra propellers, a USB charging cable, and a briefed manual.
- The building material is very firm and sturdy.
- It has great battery durability.
- Very easy to handle.
- The GPS lowers the risk of losing the drone.
- Delivers excellent flight performance.
- The remote control makes it very easy to locate the drone activity.
- The brushless motors consume less power and make less noise than regular motors.
- The 4K camera comes with stabilization, which makes it easy to take the footage even in windy weather.
- The drone package does not come with a storage case.
- The DEERC drone is not foldable, which makes it a little less convenient.
The DEERC GPS drone with a 4K camera is a great product. The customers are happy and satisfied with it. It only gives a professional drone outlook but also provides great benefits through its epic features.
Holy Stone HS120D GPS Drone with Camera for Adults review.
Holystone is a huge brand name in drone markets. It is popular for its quality drones with a low budget range. They deliver the best drones with immense features.
In the past years, drones with HD cameras were very rare and when you find one, the price range will let you buy it. However, nowadays there are unlimited options available for these drones. The holy stone HS120D is one of the high rated and best choices for HD camera-oriented drones. It has over 700 reviews on Amazon with a star rating of 4.5.
The most attractive feature about this drone is for sure its HD camera. The 1080p camera quality with a 120 FOV lens is a dynamic combo. Another very important characteristic about the drone is the GPS option. With the GPS, you will never have the fear of losing it. If the signals get lost or the battery starts to run low, the GPS will activate automatically. And the drone will return to the position where it takes off from.
It is a great choice for any drone lover, especially at such a reasonable price.
- The holy stone HS120D GPS drone with an HD camera is an amazon choice product. It is equipped with improved and efficient features which are as follow:
- The drone acquires the dimensions of 270*270*120 mm and it weighs about 221g. Such a light weightage made it very portable and travel-friendly.
- The camera features a 120 FOV lens with 1080p quality. Also, the camera is tightly fixed with the drone, which will not affect its quality due to shaking or weather. The camera is present at the belly of the drone and it also has gears that will protect the camera while landing.
- The flight time is 18 minutes for the drone, which is very standard. The controlling range is 300m high, you can have great top views shot with this drone. The drone battery has a 1200mAh capacity with a voltage of 7.4V. The charging wattage is between 5-10W. The charging time of the drone is 2 hours.
- it has WIFI and GPS connections, easily controllable from the remote or your phone. It also comes with a USB cable of 5V. Always cool down the drone motor for at least 10 minutes between flights, it will increase its working time.
- The design of the drone is very elegant and advanced. It is made of ABS plastics which is very durable and high-quality. The dark color shades of the drone give it a very classy look. The drone is not foldable but still, the size is very small and compact. It also weighs light, which does not make it a burden for you while moving around. The drone has a quadcopter look, which is very trendy right now.
- One of the new features about this drone is its amazing mode settings like “Follow me” or “Waypoint” etc.
- The performance of the drone is excellent. It has simple and easy guidelines to fly it. The drone is fully equipped with advanced and latest technologies. It is best for both beginners and professionals. It gives you a stable flight experience with clear picture and video quality.
- The holy stone HS120D features a lot of accessories. It comes with extra propellers and landing gears, a screwdriver, and a manual that will guide you on how to set up and fly the drone. The package comes with protective guards which will protect you and your surrounding peoples.
- The drone does not require an FAA registration as it weighs less than 249g. It is applicable if you are living in the USA, UK, or Canada. You can freely fly it without stressing out whether it is legal or not.
- It is very portable, so you can easily carry it from place to place.
- The build quality is very reliable.
- Its flight performance is very good and fun.
- It has a very stylish design
- The manual that comes with the drone is very brief and helpful to the customer.
- The drone does not come with a stabilization gimbal for the camera. So, for good shots, you have to fly it slow.
- The graphics quality could be better
- The drone has a delicate structure.
The final thoughts about this drone are very positive. Despite the stabilization con, the drone is still one of the best due to its phenomenal features and quality. The customers are very satisfied with this model of the holy stone.
Holy Stone HS720E 4K EIS Drone with Camera review.
The holy stone HS720E 4K EIS is an upgrade to the original HS270. That drone was also advertised as having a 4K camera, but it could only take pictures in 4K, not video footage.
Holystone is one of the best low-cost drone brands. Being one of the leading drone companies, they have a reputation for producing high-quality products. Most of their drones do what they say despite some exaggerated claims. It is always a treat to fly one of these phenomenal drones.
The holy stone HS720E is one of their latest models. If you are looking for a 4K camera drone with great features, this drone is all that you are looking for, especially if you have a low budget.
- The holy stone HS270E is one of the high rated drones on amazon and also on other websites. The reason for that is pretty clear, the drone is not only very budget-friendly but delivers quality standard features. It is built with improved and advanced features which are as follow:
- The drone is fully equipped with great specifications. The package dimensions are 11.65 x 8.46 x 3.62 inches and weigh about 4 pounds. These measurements make it very portable for you. The flight time of this drone is 23 minutes, which is very efficient. The charging time is almost 5 hours. You need to insert 2 lithium polymer batteries in the drone, it is the most compatible one.
- Its camera lens has an angle of about FOV 130. Photo resolution of the camera is 4K (3840 x 2160) Stored in TF Card / 1080P (1920 x 1080P) Stored on Mobile Phone. However, the video resolution is 4K@30fps/1080p@60fps (with TF Card Stored).
- The maximum height where it can fly is 394 feet. The transmitter range is 3277 feet and the max FPV range is 1640 feet. You can also include a supported TF card of 128GB for increasing the storage capacity. When you unfold the drone, its dimensions are 13.3 by 9.5 by 2.3 inches but when you fold it back, it becomes very small in size. The drone is made up of ABS plastic which is a very firm and sturdy material.
- The drone has a brushless motor of 720E. This type of brushless motor is very durable. It makes less noise than other motors and it also does not get overheated. The quiet flight enables you to fly it without causing any kind of disturbance to others.
- The flight time of this drone is very much improved from the previous models. It is due to the lithium battery and also the brushless motors which consume less power. The maximum flight time is 30 minutes.
- The most attractive feature about this drone is the 4k camera, which not only for pictures but also videos. Holystone HS720 is equipped with a 4K FHD camera. The camera enables you to click pictures and shoot videos with high resolution and graphics. The lens can tilt up to 90 degrees, which lets you capture beautiful moments with different angles.
- The camera structure is very stable on the drone. The images and videos taken with the 4K camera are clear and HD. The quality it presents is just like a professional camera.
- The drone comes with a flying range of 1600 feet, which is a great change from the previous drones. This range will allow you to feature great landscapes and top views shoots
- The drone is GPS-oriented, which takes away your fear of losing it. With this feature, the drone will return to you whenever the single is lost or the battery is running low. It also contains a small light, which helps you to locate it in the dark.
- This holy stone drone is also very well accessorized. It comes with a remote controller, two 800mAh batteries, a battery charger, a USB charging cable, and a carrying case. The drone also contains a set of extra propellers, in case the other ones get damaged. The included user manual guides you properly on how to set up the drone and also with all the flying instructions.
- It is very portable and durable
- The brushless motors make it environment-friendly.
- The camera quality is very high-end.
- The design is very compact and stylish.
- The battery compartment stuck while opening.
The final thoughts about this drone are very positive and satisfied. At such a low price, the drone delivers amazing features and quality. It will not be a disappointment for you in any case.
Who Are These Drones Best For?
These types of drones are best for those who benefit from drones in the price range of $300 to $600. If you are new to the world of drones then I highly recommend getting one of these drones to get started. Professional pilots can also use these drones to capture high-quality videos.
Best Drones Under $600 – Buying Guide
One of the most important things you should take into consideration is what’s the purpose behind buying a drone. Some people main focus is to get a drone for capturing high-quality videos while others focus more on using their drone for racing.
If you want to capture some of the highest quality videos, then you should definitely invest in a drone that have the best quality camera which you can afford and if racing is your thing, then it’s best to get one that can fly the fastest.
Here are some other considerations that you can keep in mind when it comes to making a purchase decision about one of these drones in the list above.
Ease of Use
If you are a beginner, it’s always a good idea to pay close attention to the drones that are easier to operate. One of the worse feelings a new pilot could ever experience when flying a new drone is to fly it for the first time and crash it, breaking it into multiple pieces.
This is something everyone wants to avoid, this is why it’s important to invest in a drone that’s easy to fly with a few features such as one-button take-off and landing which is very useful especially for new pilots.
This is a very important feature that you may want to consider to prevent collision crash from happening. Also, an automatic return home feature is very useful. More expensive drones will have better return home features, including obstacle avoidance. The reason being is if your drone should lose connection with the controller to prevent the drone from flying away.
This is for people who do not like to change out the battery as often and also for those that are on a low budget and cannot afford to buy extra batteries. If you are on a tight budget and cannot afford to invest in more than one battery, then you will have to pay close attention to the battery recharge time.
When it comes to buying overall, the price of the product is always a very important factor. However, since the drones list above is less than $600, the price is less of a factor than the importance of getting a drone with all the features that you want it to have. You should never invest in a drone that doesn’t have the specs and features that you would be comfortable with.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Question
Q. How to fly a drone?
Drones are pretty easier to fly if you properly follow the guidelines. Users are advised to follow the guidelines given with the product so that they can enjoy flying the drones with great safety.
Q. Are drones easy to use?
If you are a beginner just starting out in the world of drones, then it can be a bit difficult to operate your drone at first, this is why it’s necessary to invest in a drone that’s not technical.
Q. What’s the Flight Time of the best drone?
Drones in these price ranges usually have a flight time of no less than 15 minutes. I think it’s best to invest in a drone that can last up to 20 minutes.
Q. Is the Customer Service of Drones Any Good?
Having great customer service is one of the most important factors I consider when it comes to buying a drone especially at this price range. I want someone who responds very fast when I’m having an issue setting up my drone, it’s very frustrating when you want to fly your drone but are waiting on a response from the customer care rep for days.
When it comes to choosing the best drones for the money it can be really challenging. However, above is the list of the top-rated drones under $600. Now that you have a better understanding of the best drones under $600 currently available on the market. It’s now time for you to choose the one that best suits your needs.
You can tell us what you think in the comment section below and let us know which other drones need to be included on our best quadcopter under $600 list.
Related Buyer’s Guide: