If it’s your first hoverboard which started beeping interruptedly right after getting turned on or you’ve just ridden for a while and your cool self-balancing scooter’s alarm got active which does not shuts off after trying every possible solution you could think of. This problem can disappoint you with your stylish swegway and can even drive you crazy with its annoying noise.
Hoverboard Keep Beeping and not Moving
However, you might be wondering why your hoverboard is continuously beeping or if it’s some sort of malfunctioning. Don’t worry! It’s just a safety feature to alert hoverboard owners that something is not right or might the battery be running low.
This built-in safety feature detects the surface on which you’re traveling and let you know if it’s not suitable for the intended use. Plus, these hoverboards feature indicator lights to signal you when you’re not on a safe landform that could damage your expansive self-balancing scooter.
Generally, the hoverboards are designed for smooth paved roads that can’t be run over uneven surfaces while other off-road hoverboards can go on rough terrain with much bigger wheels. if you own any of these at some point you might notice an annoying beeping sound that goes on. For your clarification let me explain that this beeping feature is installed on purpose to let you know when the platform is unstable and more titled (over 15 degrees) to either side or whether the hoverboard is placed on an inclined surface that is more than 30 degrees.
Beeping on Fast Speed
You might experience an alarming sound every time you try to go faster, it is because every hoverboard has a certain speed limit. When you exceed this limit, the alarm will turn on to indicate the risky ride.
Overspeeding could be dangerous both for you and your self-balancing scooter, as it requires more energy and drives your swegway’s motor more than the battery’s power, resulting in overheating or exploding if you continue your speedy pace.
So, this safety feature tries to slow you down and alert you with its beeping sound to reduce the speed.
Beeping of Hoverboard while Charging
If everything else is fine and the red light is blinking with continuous beeping then it means the battery is on 10% and it’s just a charging alert. So, simply plug in the adapter and put the hoverboard on a charge but this won’t resolve the beeping alert.
Even if there is a surface issue, changing the terrain won’t even shut down this feature. To completely resolve the beeping you need to reset or recalibrate the system of your hoverboard or alternative solutions.
3 Possible Solutions to Stop Hoverboard Beeping
1- Recalibrate Hoverboard
Solve the beeping problem by following the step by step instructions of hoverboard recalibration.
- Shut down the hoverboard.
- Put the hoverboard on a flat, stable surface, and level the platform by manually adjusting it.
- Now, Press the power button and hold for 5-10 seconds until you hear another beep sound and LED flashes 5 times.
- Gently press the power button to first turn it off then again press the button to turn it on.
The hoverboard will be recalibrated and ready to go on amusing rides. If the alarming starts again then recalibrate it again. You can do recalibration multiple times (up to 3 times) to completely recalibrate the hoverboard.
2- Fix Loose Wires
- Shut down the segway again!
- Place it on a clean flat surface and unscrew all the tiny screws of the board.
- Gently, open the cassie and you can see the power cables.
- Check two important things; whether 1. The wires are loose or 2. They are not tied.
- If lines are not clipped in then just pull them out and then put them back in.
- If the wires are loose, then be very careful, disconnect it using a pen or pencil and reconnect it.
- When you hear a clicking sound, your job will be done.
- Now, connect the wires correctly with matching colors.
- Now put back the screws tightly and turn it on.
3. Note Flashing Numbers
If both of the above-mentioned solutions don’t resolve the issue. Then try this method. You just need to note how many times the red light flashes to fix the problem.
- 1 Time: If the light flashes only a single time, this means that your segway has a faulty motherboard which can be fixed by first disconnecting all connections and then reconnecting them again, or else you would need to get a new motherboard.
- 2- 3 Times: It indicates that the hoverboard has an internal circuit problem that requires a complete replacement of the circuit board.
- 4 Times: It refers to the problem with the internal motor on the motherboard’s side you can get it fixed by replacing the motor in the wheel.
- 5 Times: If signifies the problem with the motor on the battery side and you can resolve it by simply replacing it.
- 6 Times: This shows the bad battery quality which needs a complete replacement with a powerful one.
- 7-8 Times: It’s for a gyroscope issue and can be solved by getting a new gyroscope installed.
- 9 Times: It is due to keeping the hoverboard upsidedown when turned on. This does not require any solution but just avoid turning it upside down.
The hoverboard beeping is a safety alarm that indicates the risky conditions and low battery. With the above-mentioned solutions, you can stop the alarm, and if nothing works then contact the manufacturer for a product replacement or refund. I hope now you have got your answer and know what to do next.